Friday, July 30, 2010

From A-Zin.




Acorn Algeria Vineyards Russian Rv. Valley 2006 Zinfandel, $32.99, 89 points.
Is anyone getting into the Zin. of the wine world? Acorn, despite its politically bad reputation, is a fine wine which, to me, resembles a French Rhone wine, Very much a Syrah like wine, but a bit over-priced at $32.99. The 2006 is deep red and has an earthy and leathery aroma, it is a bold, rich, medium bodied, and a complex wine with no ill flavors. The spicy finish is good. 


Green and Red Chiles Canyon 2007 Zinfandel, $18.99, 92 points, with a second tasting has confirmed my first impressions of its greatness; having found a new sense of espresso, texture, fruitiness, finish and balance, I once again would like to highly recommend this Zin. It appears that the great winemaker Helen Turley made wine at Green and Red. As my friend Judy would say: Yummy!
My first tasting is on my first post Newbie me and Zin (below)





Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reservedTemplate provided by Blogger 

No comments:

Post a Comment