Sunday, September 26, 2010

Carol Shelton Wines 2006 Monga Zin Old Vine Zinfandel

I stopped by The Bedford Meat House this morning and picked-up this very interesting wine from Cucamonga Valley, California.

Carol Shelton Cucamonga valley 2006 Zinfandel $23.99, 89 points, has succeeded where Macchia failed: it  is focused, and though a bit too alcohol driven, it remains an exciting Zin, one that pairs well with many saucy, spicy, and meaty meals.
The color is deep red and  when I first put my nose to the glass all that hit me was alcohol, but hidden beneath that aura was a deep toasty-berry matrix that makes this wine so interesting.

I never for one moment disliked this wine as I have with other alcohol driven Zinfandels, but I'll probably not be back for another bottle. However I do recommend Carol Shelton Zin to Zinphiles. Let me know what you think!




Index-of-reviewed-wines


Copyright 2010 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reservedTemplate provided by Blogger 

No comments:

Post a Comment