Monday, December 6, 2010

Zincentricism Drives Me To Dry Creek To Taste Test TEST UNTI Vineyard Syrah

Stephen TEST Dry Creek Unti Vineyard 2006 Syrah, $29.70, 90 points, is a Black Berry, Very Rich Wine with notes of cigar-box, mocha, and espresso.
When I see a Syrah from Dry Creek, famous for its Zinfandel wines, and since, to me, a GOOD Syrah and a GOOD Zinfandel have so many of the same qualities, I just have to explore the "countryside" of either wine.
The TEST Syrah is complex and surprising as it unfolds its mysteries with repeated tasting; the aroma is a bit reticent, yet on the second day began to release a smoky, almost bacon aroma.

I like this Syrah, and though $29.70, this is a very GOOD wine.
I found that peppered lamb paired nicely, and a buttered rye helped to clear my palate.




Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment