Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cabernet Sauvignon Vignette #4 Louis M. Martini Napa Valley 2005



This is one of those iconic wine companies that almost everyone has heard of, and even if the name doesn't ring a bell, it sure fits a wine maker perfectly.


Louis M. Martini Napa Valley 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon, $19.99-$23.99, 90 points, is crafted with 9% Merlot, 2% Syrah, and 1% Petite Verdot. Meticulous care is taken to prepare the grapes from the Napa Valley Appellation (Early morning picking and keeping the grapes whole).


The results are splendid aromas, deep Bordeaux colors, layers of berry flavors throughout, with a rich texture and long finish.  


The photograph to the right is of the more expensive Alexander Valley Reserve, but the price is ironically the same, because of a "power-buy" by the New Hampshire liquor Stores.
I can't wait to taste mine!


The photo below is the 2007 Sonoma, but since I lost my review notes, I'll be trying this one again, especially since I liked it so much, I bought several bottles.







Copyright 2011 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment