Thursday, April 28, 2011

Summertime Chardonnay-Times-Two Workmen-Like Chardonnay Wines


Cupcake Vineyards Central Coast 2009 Chardonnay,
$7.00-$12.99, 86+ points, is another workmen-like wine that will serve many folks at a picnic or barbecue, but on that important date? Not my choice! However, I paid $7.00 for a "daily wine" that had a bit of a spark to it, (0.65 g/100mL) some crisp citrus fruit well integrated with 13.5% alcohol, a bit of oak, and just a hint of creaminess.

Kenwood Sonoma Valley 2009 Chardonnay,
$11.99-$13.99, 86 points, does what it is designed to do, be good enough for general wine drinking, but will not get more than that from me (I have come to really appreciate Kenwood wines, but I am disappointed with this one); uninspired, and with lack-luster fruit that's on a scale with their disappointing 2009 Sauvignon Blanc (6.5 acidity). So far, for me, it's Kenwood's Reds!




Index-of-reviewed-wines

 Copyright 2011 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reservedTemplate provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment