Friday, August 12, 2011

Chateau St. Jean 2007 Reserve Chardonnay


Chateau St. Jean 2007 Reserve Chardonnay, $19.99-$45.99, 88 points, is a light sun-gold color, and on the nose there is a bit of burnt-toast and lemon oil, but more importantly, Vanilla! Oaky vanilla overwhelming not only the aroma, but the flavor as well. Yes, the wine still tastes fine enough, especially if you like vanilla, the texture is wonderfully rich without being syrupy, and there is a fair finish of spiciness.   
This is not a quality to price ratio Chardonnay, and I'm oh-so-glad I didn't pay more than $19.99 for it.
The last two expensive wines I've tasted, reveal that the cost of a bottle of wine is NO guaranty of a "Good" wine. 
You may remember that I did not want to try any more Ridge and Decoy wines, but I went on to find that you can't judge all wines bad from an individual winery, because of "one" disappointing wine. However, a "Flagship" wine, like this Reserve, will leave me reserved when I go to buy another.



Index-of-reviewed-wines 

I paired this Chardonnay with: (Pizza below). Does the picture help or hinder the post; so often these sorts of photographs look less than tasty?




Copyright 2011 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reservedTemplate provided by Blogger 

No comments:

Post a Comment