Monday, November 21, 2011

Ridge Estate 2009 Chardonnay And Roland Lavantureux Grand Vin De Bourgogne 2009 Chablis

Ridge Estate 2009 Chardonnay, $33.14-$38.99, 89 points, begins its rite of passage with an unpleasant aroma, though subtle we all noticed (Made me think there might be a problem with the bottle itself) the off blue cheese nature of it, but as it breathed for sometime, I notice that negative quality dissipated and was replaced with ripe melon; all these aromas were present on my palate, but late palate pepper became apparent and made for a rather nice finish with just a touch of spearmint. The color is light gold in a matrix of a medium body.
I've been a big fan of Ridge wines, and I'll want to try another Ridge Chardonnay, but this one doesn't get a buy from me, because of the price.


Roland Lavantureux Grand Vin De Bourgogne 2009 Chablis, $18.69-$21.99, 88 points, has a pale yellow color, an aroma of gentle lemon-zest, a medium body, and flavors of grapefruit-lemon with just a hint of lime. The finish is fair with ginger and floral notes.
Though I like this wine there are other Chablis wines I've reviewed that I like better and at a comparable price.


Both these wines were up to the task of pairing with Buffalo-wings, fried Haddock, and Turkey-gravy with mashed potatoes.


Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2011 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reservedTemplate provided by Blogger 

1 comment:

  1. I believe I've told you that I'm a fan of Ridge...& not such a huge fan of Chard. In fact, I have a hard time associating Ridge with whites at all. Even so, I'm a sucker for a great glass of wine, regardless of the varietal, so if someone bought me a glass of the wine you described, I'd enjoy & actually finish it.

    Interesting that you put these wines with buffalo wings.

    ReplyDelete