Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Offering 2008 Red Wine




The Offering 2008 Red Wine$28.15-$31.99, 90 points (41% Grenache, 30% Syrah, 27% Mourvedre, and 2% Viognier, from Santa Barbara County), has a true Bordeaux color of black currant and elderberry. 
The aroma is sweet-spice and cedar with mushroom and violet notes.
On a nearly full-body, The offering displays layers of flavor, dominated by black fruit and licorice on an earthy back-drop. Though the label says that there is 15.4% alcohol, I found it well integrated and smooth. Another taster had scored this wine 90 points as well, but noted a whiskey-like quality, sweet yet spicy, and another taster had more poetic thoughts when  his "heart skipped a beat with an overwhelming heat." (88 points)


I bought The Offering at Bella Vino (Now closed).


Index-of-reviewed-wines


Copyright 2011 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger


2 comments:

  1. Since I'll be in Santa Barbara next weekend, this caught my eye. I had to do a little looking to find out which winery, but I've added Sans Liege to my list. Never heard of it, so I'm looking forward to it...provided we don't get sidetracked somewhere else. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. As was the case with many others, we didn't get to this winery. Boo, I know...

    ReplyDelete