Saturday, March 3, 2012

Robert Mondavi Napa Valley Oakville 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon




 
 
Robert Mondavi Napa Valley Oakville 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon, $39.99-$49.99, 92 points, had a balanced complexity with good acidity, tannin, texture, and flavorful qualities tied nicely with a bourbon-bow burn finish (15.5% alcohol), but it did lack a depth of fruit, having only hints of plum, black olive, and licorice. Others had noticed blackberry, but I couldn't, and that doesn't mean you won't. The drinkability was very good, and paired well with my Porterhouse steak and as a stand-alone wine; I could have drunk every drop. However, I'm not going overboard on this wine, and though I bought more than one bottle, I'm not going to be a big advocate either, since there are wines of equal quality for much less; for example the Robert Mondavi Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon which I just reviewed this week, is not quite as rich and lacks the bourbon-burn, but for my money it is more interesting and at half the cost.
The color is a very dense ruby, and the aroma is a complex delight of cooking spices and floral notes (Very nice).


Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment