Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cerulli Spinozzi Torre Migliori 2006 Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Colline Teramane


Cerulli Spinozzi (Winery) Torre Migliori (Vineyard) 2006 Montepulciano (Varietal) d'Abruzzo (Appellation) Colline Teramane (Sub zone), $12.74-$14.99, 89 points, had me quite conflicted, but true to my palate here's what I found: The color was darkest of ruby red without being opaque, with edges violet and a clear rim.
The aroma was light truffle with cherry notes.
A medium plus body carried  balanced acid/tannin with tart cherry and milder plum flavors.
Finished fair with cherry and spice.
Of all the dry red wines I've tasted from Italy, and that includes the five or six Pimativo wines (Zinfandel), this was the most "jammy" Zinfandel-like wine I've tasted, and was quite good alone or with my spicy spaghetti and meat sauce.




Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger


No comments:

Post a Comment