Saturday, April 14, 2012

Michael-David Seven Heavenly 2009 Chardonnay



Michael-David Lodi Seven Heavenly 2009 Chardonnay, $13.99-$15.99, 86 points, has a very bright (cold) aroma of lemon/lime and oaky vanilla which carries over to the palate with hints of butterscotch and the oaky vanilla becoming too dominant for my taste.
The medium body is smooth and finishes nicely with spice.
The 14.5 alcohol is nearly unnoticeable.
I've read many reviews on this wine, none of which I can remember except to say that they were all good, but this wine, as with the Chateau St. Jean 2007 Reserve Chardonnay and the Beringer Private Reserve 2008 Chardonnay isn't a buy from me, unless you like very toasty vanilla, and butterscotch (The preference element needs to be considered).





Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

4 comments:

  1. Dennis, I find it hard for oaky-vanilla to dominate my palate. I usually tend to prefer these notes. However at 86 I think I'll avoid this one. Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben, the most oaky-vanilla of them all was the Chateau St. Jean 2007 Reserve Chardonnay, but when you get back, I'll be glad to dig-out a number of them for you.

      Delete
  2. Recently had a Michael David 'Sloth' Zinfandel which was very pleasant. Never had their Chardonnay, but then I don't generally drink Chardonnay anyway...especially ML Chards!!!

    ReplyDelete