Monday, April 2, 2012

Rodney Strong Charlotte's Home Northern Sonoma 2010 Sauvignon Blanc


Rodney Strong Charlotte's Home Northern Sonoma 2010 Sauvignon Blanc, 
$11.04-$14.99, 90 points, is not like any Sauv-Blanc I've tasted! This wine is all about melon, with hints of banana and cantaloupe, but no grass, no cat pee, not even lemon or grapefruit, but it is sweet without being cloying, it is delicious without being complex, and it paired nicely with almost everything, including a Swiss burger. I wouldn't be shy in serving this wine at a barbecue, only expect to go through copious quantities.
The color is very clear with gold notes, the aroma is melon and lichee, the body is light to medium, and the finish is fair on ginger spice. 
If you like white wine, cold or warmer, if you like melon verses citrus, then this is a white wine for you.




Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

3 comments:

  1. I have to say, I find that whole disclaimer thing to be a bit odd. I acquire - or the people I'm with - acquire all the wines I review by paying for them and I suspect that will be the case for some time. The notion that something like this even needs to be hashed out legally or governmentally is absurd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, for cryin' out loud, I shouldn't be commenting because I fear that I won't shut up, but SO DO I!!!!

      Almost every single wine I've written about was paid for by me or, in the case that it wasn't, it was a gift from a friend that couldn't care less if I "reviewed" it or not. My opinion holds very little weight in the big picture.

      Delete
    2. Claire, I'm not interested in the 'big picture' as much as I'm very grateful for every bit of YOU that YOU give in your blog, all the other blogs you post on, and your contributions to this one, whether they fit my or anyone else's notions or opinions; so far as I can tell your opinions have gravitas. As for verbosity? It is welcome.

      Delete