Thursday, September 13, 2012

Château Tanunda Grand Barossa 2009 Riesling





Château Tanunda Grand Barossa 2009 Riesling, $10.80-$15.00, 88 points, is an Australian Riesling I can drink. Those who follow this blog understand the dilemma of warm-weather Rieslings and "petroleum" aromas and flavors (some love it, I dislike TDN violently).
This wine is light gray to light lime in color, the aroma borders on floral/lemon with a touch of diesel, and these carry onto the palate with a considerable sense of minerality. The near medium bodied wine is dry, has some viscosity and good acidity.
What I get from this Riesling is the desire to try the latest vintage and to pair this with Asian cuisine. 
Just maybe, this evening, I'll find out when I meet John Geber, the owner of Château Tanunda.


Index-of-reviewed-wines 
Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

1 comment:

  1. Just a note on the 2010 GB Riesling I tasted with the most dignified and gracious John Geber, it is a more youthful and vibrant expression of the wine.
    I'll hopefully get to try some of their single vineyard Shiraz wines one day.

    ReplyDelete