Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ruffino D.O.C. Prosecco



Ruffino D.O.C. Prosecco Sparkling White Wine, $11.99-$13.99, 91 points, is light gray with copper tones, yet has a nearly crystal-clear color.
A gentle floral and minty white grape aroma stands-out among Prosecco white wines.
The light body has good acidity and green-apple crisp spritz, all of which is carried long into the finish. This is a very dry wine, and though some have the impression that Prosecco wines are sweet, that has not been my experience, and having tasted upwards of two dozen of them this year, I don't think I've had one that was sweet.
I have not been a Ruffino fan, and have saved this Prosecco as my last of the season to taste for that reason, but I am oh-so pleased with this one.




Index-of-reviewed-wines 

Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment