Saturday, December 8, 2012

Bodega Teso La Monja Tinta DE Toro Victorino 2007 Tempranillo



Bodega Teso La Monja Tinta DE Toro Victorino 2007 Tempranillo, $50.99-$59.99, 93 points, is purple-red in color with burgundy tones and a broad clear rim.
The aroma reticently swirls sweet red cherry and cinnamon with a hint of alcohol (14.5%).
Very near full body presents good acidity with layers of pleasant tannin carrying a velvety matrix of black berries, red cherry, coffee, and licorice, with its amazing array of spice which eXistenZ, by design I'm sure, crazily into the the long finish.


I'll bet not many of you have heard Christmas music played like this! Andres Segovia


Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2012 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

3 comments:

  1. Good round up of Spanish reds. I am quite fond of Tempranillo. Here in Napa, Viader produce a wonderful varietal wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V-Girl, I haven't seen Viader's Tempranillo, but I have been collecting a number of domestic Tempranillo wines; I haven't uncorked them YET!
      Thanks for the heads-up though!

      Delete
  2. In my Cal. class the other night, had one from Ripken Winery in Lodi. $22, little oaky, but on the whole rather nice.

    ReplyDelete