Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Argyle Willamette Valley 2009 Sparkling Wine



Argyle Willamette Valley 2009 Sparkling Wine, $17.59-$25.99, 91 points, begins as the lightest gold without being colorless; pours, with vigorous multi-sized bubbles, into the glass as a mostly foamy head before settling down.
Spritz and lemon zest with a very light caramel aroma weakens quickly.
Light bodied with a simply delicious flavor of  white grape/honeydew melon, crisp acidity, and a trailing palate that  finishes with an exciting tingling mouth feel and a spicy ginger.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2013  Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger
 

3 comments:

  1. Small bubbles are always better, but the ginger on the finish sounds appealing.
    What is the stained-glass like reflection in the glass and bottle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vinogirl, yeah, I've read that about the small bubbles, but-but-but, I'm brand-sparkling-new to these wines, and since I've not been a fan of Champagne or other in the past, and since I actually like this Argyle sparkling wine, I'll go with flavor over bubble size, though I don't want to diminish its impotence.
      The reflection (colored reflector) should by now be sort of a hallmark of my still-life photography.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE CHAMPAGNE, can't get enough of the stuff :)
    So I went back over some of your old posts and I now see the multi-colours, but I particularly like the Old Glory reflection in the Hall SB...fitting, seeing as Ms. Hall was once a US ambassador.

    ReplyDelete