Friday, August 16, 2013

Honig Napa Valley 2012 Sauvignon Blanc



Honig Napa Valley 2012 Sauvignon Blanc, $9.83-$16.99, 91 points, has a spring-stream clear color with a faint creamy gray hue.
The aroma ranks as one of the most beautiful and interesting I've smelled this year, with pine needles, lychee, honey, and lilac.
A light-plus body has typically excellent acidity while carrying grapefruit and honeydew melon, with a hint of lemon grass flavors that walk right into the finish of citrus and ginger notes.
This 2012 Vintage seems to be excelling, and the Honig Napa Valley 2012 Sauvignon Blanc, is right up there with the best I've had this year, or any year!




Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2013 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

 

4 comments:

  1. I like this one. Honig also makes a Rutherford SB which is slightly oaky...and I don't like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vinogirl, did you have the 2012? Do think 2012 is proving to be an exceptional year or is it just me?

      Delete
  2. 2012 was a great year for the valley, the best since 2005 perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me bad! I should have looked for a vintage chart, but I didn't; who needs one when I have such a great and generous resource as you around:) Anyway, I'm glad that it wasn't all in my head! Thx,
      Dennis

      Delete