Thursday, August 22, 2013

Recantai Shomron Israel 2010 Sauvignon Blanc




Recantai Shomron Israel 2010 Sauvignon Blanc, $13.99-$16.99, 85+ points, presents itself with a light silvery gold color.
An apple aroma has hints of petrol.
The light-plus body carries high acidity, a rather flat dominant pome flavor that leads into a similar finish with green grape.
Sauvignon Blanc wines are usually best imbibed young, and though this bottle of 2010 Recantai seems a bit tired, it is good enough that I'll look for a 2012 vintage to compare.



Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2013  Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger



 

2 comments:

  1. I would love to try a fresh vintage of this. Where did you buy this? Would never find anything this exotic in Napa!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vinogirl, sadly I waited too long to drink this one, but I'm not daunted and will try again. I bought this SB, as all wines without purchase location-notation, at one of the NH State Liquor Stores. I like the adjective "exotic", and am surprised by the comment.

      Delete