Monday, May 19, 2014

Rutherford Ranch Napa Valley 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon


Rutherford Ranch Napa Valley 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon, $17.99-$19.99, 92 points, was black at the core and trended crushed blackberry toward the clear rim.
The nose was a complex expression of flowers, black currant, coffee, and grape notes.
Near full bodied with fair acidity and mild resolved tannin.
Surprisingly good flavors of violets, mint, coffee, cola, earth, and lingonberry jam.
Finished long on red fruit (red cherry and pomegranate), a well integrated 13.5% alcohol, and mild spice.
I bought this wine almost four years ago and I've had this in my Euro-cave for the last three years; I was surprised just how well it has held-up, but I certainly think that this seven year-old Cali Cab is not going to get any better than it is right now.


Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2014 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment