Sunday, June 22, 2014

EOS Estate Winery Paso Robles 2009 Petite Sirah





EOS Estate Winery Paso Robles 2009 Petite Sirah, $6.79-$14.99, 90 points is not only the winner of my Petite Sirah blind wine tasting, but is probably the best valued red wine I've had this year! Now don't forget that I said: "the tannins were tenacious, but I like a good backbone to my red wine." Also, you might want to know that the wine descriptors on the back label are very different than mine.
The color was a deep ruby trending maroon with a broad clear rim.
Aromatic cedar, blueberry, and black licorice were lovely.
Near full bodied with good acidity, the tannins were tenacious (typical for this varietal), but I like a good backbone to my red wine.
Flavors mirrored the aroma with a hint of tart pomegranate.
Finished quite long on the trailing palate with spice, spearmint, and a touch of the 13.9% alcohol.

Index-of-reviewed-wines


Copyright 2010-2014

Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger
 

No comments:

Post a Comment