Friday, July 11, 2014

Tenute Silvio Nardi 2010 Rosso Di Montalcino





Tenute Silvio Nardi 2010 Rosso Di Montalcino, $24.99, 91 points, poured a deep pomegranate red with a thin transitioning orange ring before the clear rim.
Red cherry, roses, and a whiff of alcohol (14%) were pleasant.
Medium bodied with good acidity and comfortable background tannin carried lush truffle, cola, black cherry, cardamom, and plum flavors.
The long finish had a spark of tart pomegranate with gentle spice notes.
Paired well with my sausage lasagna, but was very good by itself.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2014
Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

2 comments:

  1. I met Emmanuela - a wonderful woman with lots of passion for Brunello. I know this is the Rosso, but their style has always seemed rustic and more on the meaty/savory side of the spectrum. The truffle/mushroom you mention reminds me of that. I see the Il Poggione in your picture. Can't wait to hear about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John: In my opinion: to love wine is to be passionate about Brunello! Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete