Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Kuleto Estate Family Vineyards





  Kuleto Estate Family Vineyards of Napa Valley California
was my first visit to a winery, so I have no reference points to actually judge my experience; however I was left with a five-star event imprinted into my memory.
  There was the beautiful forest, the rather steep and long ride up the driveway, the grape vines and a horse, an old working fire truck (thank God), Acorn woodpeckers, then the lovely rustic tasting room, terrace, flowers, fountain, "J's" lovey party of six, and our wonderful hostess with cheese, nuts, crackers, and yes: wine!
  The Kuleto 2013 dry Moscato (91 points) was stunning, but their light styled 2012 Zinfandel (90 points), aromatic Syrah (90 points) and their medium-plus bodied Cabernet Sauvignon (89 points) were winners as well, showing a very good consistency throughout, but it was the total ambiance that won the day for me!
  Last year I found in New Hampshire Kuleto's wonderful red wine, and that should have been a tip-off to the quality wines produced here. Kuleto Frog Prince Napa Valley 2009 Red Wine, $18.69-$39.99, 90 points
Cheers!
 
 




Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2015 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

1 comment:

  1. VG: Sorry, there was a double post and while clearing one away, and my comments, they both disappeared.
    Thanks for commenting that this was a "fun' review!

    ReplyDelete