Thursday, September 24, 2015

Château Le Prieuré Grand Cru Classé de Saint-Émilion 2009 Bordeaux Revisited







Château Le Prieuré Grand Cru Classé de Saint-Emilion 2009 Bordeaux, Reviewed 01/28/2013
was my cellared choice for our celebration and family wine tasting.
My opinion of this wine changed little in two years, and as for me, my  2013 review will stand, however others found it too tannic (I have already noted my preference for tannic wines, including Brunello DI Montalcino and good Cali-Cabernet Sauvignon wines among others).
My son identified six out of six unidentified wines (Ethan has an amazing palate for a 26 year old), and noted this Saint-Émilion showed great complexity and depth throughout, while others commented on its peppery finish.
Keep in mind that these wines are intended to be cellared for 10-30 years, and that professional reviews were not so kind to this wine (CT with nine reviews averaged 91 points).
"To thine own self be true."


Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2015 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment