Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Indaco 2011 Toscana IGT Red Wine




Indaco 2011 Toscana IGT Red Wine, $40.79-$47.99, 94 points, appeared a dark Shiraz purple/red terminating bright red with a transparent wine ring.
Aromatic cedar, cinnamon, rose, and black fruit with a hint of tobacco were wonderful.
Full-bodied, full-flavored, big tannins (brut dry), and mouth-watering acidity manifested the wonderful aromas onto the palate with power, magnifying the tobacco notes, adding a hint of sandalwood, but it was the explosion of hot spices that carried far into the finish with blackberry, boysenberry, and a warm 14.5% alcohol which clinched the deal.
Bordeaux-styled blend of 30% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 30% Malbec, and 10% Cabernet Franc.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2016 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

5 comments:

  1. I know nothing about this. Again, you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first intro to the Indaco, and I'm thinking that if I had been given this one blind, I would have thought great Cali Red!

      Delete
  2. Interesting... and a big miss of the mark in my mind. If I want Cali red, that's what I'll buy. When I buy an Italian Cabernet based wine, I'm looking for that high toned structure, character and acidity. The ripeness and the secondary notes. That's why I'm always a little leery jumping into these new wines popping up from Bolgheri and Maremma etc.. though that's really not where this one is from. (Pisa)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, taste it, you just might find exactly that (character) where I may have missed what you are describing, but as for structure and acidity, it's there, but as for terrior, I'm not that wine sophisticated.

      Delete