Saturday, September 3, 2016

Tenuta San Guido "Le Difese" IGT 2011 Toscana Red Wine






Tenuta San Guido "Le Difese" IGT 2011 Toscana Red Wine, $23.99-$29.99, 90 points, poured a deep ruby with a maroon tint at the core, but radiated a bright red toward the clear wine ring and the glass bowl of tears.
Roses and raspberry jam on the nose were excellent.
Medium-plus body with good acidity and layered supportive tannins managed ripe flavors of black cherry and plum, but nuanced oak notes were expressed well in bourbon and caramel flavors.
Finished with a touch of tar, warm spices, and a balanced 14% alcohol.
Paired well with my steak and yellow pepper chili.
Varietals were Sangiovese and Cabernet Sauvignon.
I bought this Toscana at the Whole Foods of Bedford.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2016 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

 

2 comments:

  1. Love the label.
    How many corkscrews do you own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: Me too!
      This corkscrew was a gift from my Swedish friends bought in Strasbourg, France; a nice Riesling went with it: made me happy!
      I probably have a dozen; is that too many?
      As for the label, I was beside myself wondering how to complement it, so I went to my tried and true background.

      Delete