Friday, July 28, 2017

Fritz Estate Dry Creek 2014 Malbec (USA)







Fritz Estate Dry Creek 2014 Malbec (USA), 88 points, was a birthday gift, but best as I can figure, the price was about $49.99.
Appeared core black grading a deep purple/red near the broad clear wine ring and leggy glass wall.
The bouquet was peppery, floral, and toasty blackberry.
Full-bodied with fair acidity and mellow round tannins carried rich flavors of licorice, plum, and pomegranate.
The floral aroma didn't translate onto the palate for me, but the black pepper extended deep into the fair finish with fig, iron, and an appropriate 14.5% alcohol.
Paired only okay with my BBQ baby back ribs.
Typically a small production wine, and as best I can tell, this Malbec will be a bit difficult to find.

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2017 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

 

2 comments:

  1. Just looked at the Fritz website, the winery looks cool. However, from your reviews, I am supposing the wines are just so-so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: Definitely cool place!
      For my impressions of Fritz Winery and Wines: Fritz winery and wines reviewed

      Delete