Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Agostino Petri di Vicchiomaggio 2012 Chianti Classico Riserva




Agostino Petri di Vicchiomaggio 2012 Chianti Classico Riserva, $20.39-$23.99, 88 points, was a  well-dark maroon with an obligatory transparent wine ring and a leggy glass bowl.
Aromas of menthol, cherry fruits, and just a hint of the farm were just okay for me.
Medium-bodied with mouthwatering acids and firm grainy tannins supported good flavors of cherry fruits with plum and citrus notes.
Finished well on tart pomegranate, black tea, spice, and a spot-on 13.5% alcohol.
Paired nicely with sausage pizza.



Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2017 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger


 

4 comments:

  1. Wineman, I especially enjoyed your crisp, clear photograph. I am current bored silly at a concert and am enjoying reviewing your blog. Thank you, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DD: Bored! Maybe you should have brought with you a 375ml bottle in your purse! ;) Seriously, thank you; I try with my photos to say: wine is beautiful.

      Delete
  2. Not only have you taught me wine is beautiful, you remind me to view wine as food. I look forward to my next wine adventure,

    ReplyDelete