Saturday, September 16, 2017

Glendi 2017 is upon us, but what about the wines?



Above Photograph provided by Ethan Tsiorbas


Glendi 2017 at St. George Cathedral in Manchester arrived yesterday; for me, it's a chance to pick up Greek cuisine, and bump into some old friends and family, but always on my mind is the wine pairing.
Greek wines of course! Well, not so fast, there just isn't that many to choose from; here's my few Greek wines I've reviewed: Greek Wines.

For lamb, I like Shiraz (Australia).

For baked chicken and rice pilaf, my choices are (white) California Chardonnay found everywhere, and a good (red) Northwest Pinot Noir.

Finally, pair spanakopita with a good Bordeaux red wine. Just some suggestions and JMO!


My complete list: 
Bordeaux Red Wines
Chardonnay (USA)
Pinot Noir (USA)

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2017 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger








   .  


3 comments:

  1. I love spanakopita, but have never paired it with a Medoc. Just a Xinomavro from Cephalonia, whilst on Ithaca :)

    ReplyDelete