Sunday, January 7, 2018

Headache Free Wine?


Headache Free Wine?




Hell, I’ll give NO Herculean heavy hitting on this subject! Well, ‘what’s it (post) all about Alfie?’ I’ve had several people ask me about this recently (the power of MAD*), and my simple response is that few people are affected by a glass or two of wine, and if you are sensitive to sulfates, tannins, or alcohol then: 1: don’t drink wine, 2: drink White Wines (still has sulfates), Rosé Wines, or soft tannin Red Wines such as Beaujolais, some Pinot Noir Wines (not all), and old tannin-resolved Red Wines (decant). 3. If you want to get drunk, there are far better ways than to drink wine; let me recommend a double Tequila with a Bourbon chaser!

I can think of not one serious wine lover who would take a glass of Screaming Eagle or Opus One and filter it in any way; what arrogance to think ‘you’ could improve on generations of vinification.

If this doesn’t help and this hurts too much, then hunker-down and drink black currant, cranberry, or grape juice, try milk, water, or prune juice; just saying! No insensitivity intended, and I wouldn’t want to be a pain in the ass!

*Not MADD


Index-of-reviewed-wines


Copyright 2010-2018 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm in double trouble for this, cause every advisor I can find on the subject has some 'scientific' mumbo-jumbo explanation or is over-thinking this topic; if you can get through all the advertising (MAD), pop-ups, and nomenclature you just find something helpful!

    ReplyDelete