Friday, March 9, 2018

Dry Creek Valley 2017 Sauvignon Blanc





Dry Creek Valley 2017 Sauvignon Blanc, $7.64-$14.99, 92 points, poured a very light gold color fading clear at the glass shallows.
Aromas of lemongrass and kiwi were good.
This was my first 2017 Sauvignon Blanc, it was light, crisp, citrusy, fresh, fruity, and grassy with sharp edges.
Finished long on tart passion fruit, vigorous ginger, hints of Necco wafer, and a surprisingly well-balanced, but potent 14.5% alcohol.
Paired perfectly with my fried Ipswich clams.
I bought this Sauvignon Blanc at the Whole Foods of Bedford.

Dry Creek Vineyard, why it's a "go to" winery.
Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2018 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

3 comments:

  1. I have had older vintages of this SB and have thought them quite nice and priced well. Will look out for the 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VG: Excellent SB, but I was surprised just how early this wine showed itself in NH; usually the first Cali SBs to arrive seem to be Justin and St. Supery.
      Let me know if you find this!

      Delete