Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Tapiz Alta Mendoza 2014 Chardonnay (Argentina)




Tapiz Alta Mendoza 2014 Chardonnay (Argentina), $10.19-$17.99, 89 points, was a medium gold color with green highlights.
Shy smells of apple and Chardonnay-specific grape notes were good.
This was a tasteful full-bodied, rather round, sleek, and modestly acidic Chardonnay.
'Modest' appears to be the watchword, because there were pleasant flavors reflective of the aromas, but hints of orange peel and pear were subtle, as was the oak notes (perfectly fine with me); very complementary and non-distracting with food.
Finished quite quaffable on an easy trailing palate and the 13.9% alcohol.
Paired fine with our Cajun rotisserie chicken and sautéed Peruvian asparagus.
Tapiz Chardonnay was the furthest thing from the Dry Creek Sauvignon Blanc I had earlier this week, but as Chardonnay wines go, this is a buy for me!

Index-of-reviewed-wines

Copyright 2010-2018 Dennis Tsiorbas. All rights reserved, Template provided by Blogger

1 comment:

  1. Pretty sure I have never had a South American Chardonnay...no, actually, I'm positive I haven't. And it's never crossed my mind to seek one out. Again, I am amazed at the selection of wine you can get in NH.

    ReplyDelete